Free Spirit Group Lavender Face & Body Cleansing Bar 100g
Price: AUD $5.95
Here it is – ALL NATURAL and VERY ORGANIC Exfoliating FACE & BODY CLEANSING BAR!
Gentle and nurturing, even for the most sensitive skins, Love Lavender Face & Body Cleansing Bar is made with love using the very finest plant-based organic ingredients.
Love Lavender use real true and noble Lavandula angustifolia Lavender Oil and flowers grown organically in central Bulgaria.
Sodium palmate / sodium kernelate – mild, natural cleansing, moisturising and foaming agents derived from the saponification of palm oil. This is the ultimate skin friendly ingredient in soap manufacture and we have sourced only from sustainable palm oil producers on mainland Malaysia, land where orangutans have never ever habitated.
(see “Why Use Palm Oil” in Additional Information)
Glycerin – a naturally occurring humectant that helps the skin retain moisture. This ingredient has been heralded for its moisturising abilities and associated skin benefits.
Lavender Essential Oil & Lavender Flowers – 100% pure, certified organic and really from Lavandula angustifolia. True to nature without any artificial interference – unlike many ‘so called’ lavender oils available. Unadulterated Lavender is well known to have antiallergenic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial, balancing, soothing and healing properties and has widely been promoted for its use in treating skin problems.
Coconut Oil – 100% pure, certified organic – a skin softening and lubricating agent.
Castor Oil – 100% pure, certified organic – a highly emollient, non-allergenic carrier oil suitable to delicate skin types – nurtures the skin, leaving it soft and supple.
Macadamia Nut Oil – 100% pure, certified organic – a very gentle moisturising, skin softening emollient with a fatty acid composition similar to that of skin sebum.
Sodium Chloride – salt – used as a mild preservative.
The word lavender is derived from the Latin ‘lavare’ meaning “to wash”.
Saponification literally means “turning into soap” from the root word, “sapo,” which is Latin for soap. It is a process that produces soap by reacting fats or oil with sodium hydroxide.
Why they use Palm Oil?
• The palm oil we use is produced sustainably – a first for any vegetable oil.
• Naturally free of trans fats, palm oil is the very best emollient ingredient for soap production helping produce a soft, creamy finish that translates to moisturised, silky skin.
• Each palm plant produces a fruit that is 50% oil, the highest yield of any vegetable oil and requires substantially less land to do so.
• Palm oil production uses up to 10 times less land to produce the same quantity of oil as most other plants, for instance, olive.
• Representing about 40% of the world’s supply of edible oil, palm is grown on only 5% of land dedicated to oil crops. With international demand for edible oils growing annually, more oil from less land is a good thing.
• The palm oil industry alleviates poverty in third world countries by employing up to 6 million people.